Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Seeing what they don't....

From 2 Corinthians 13

“Likewise, we are weak in Him, yet by God's power we will live with Him to serve you.
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 6And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test…..”


The more time I spend in the rooms of CR, the more I am amazed at what God does with/in us. I see people who struggle, yet are so wise. People who have been at this longer than I have and people who are just discovering the power of God, among those who believe.

I have heard testimonies that break my heart and sow it up again, all in 20 minutes. Reminding me that this depressed, useless feeling I get sometimes, is only for a short while.

These people of CR, don’t usually have some “look at me” version of themselves that they bring to church. They are not proud of themselves, and sitting back saying, "Look at how they love me? My wisdom is admired”. No. These people are saying, “God? How many times have I made this same mistake? How many warnings have I had to not treat people ______? How many times have I reacted ______, when I wanted to ______?” Then they dust themselves off and get up again. Finally saying, “you have to do this in me Lord. I cannot.”

When someone like me runs across someone like that, I say, “Wow. No doubt, you are blessed! You are saved! God loves you!” Now if they heard me, they would feel terrible because they know all of their failures and even struggle not to keep count of them, because they know from the Bible’s teaching that God does not! Still, they would say, “You have no idea what a screw up I am!” And they would be right. BUT……

I believe that I am seeing Christ in them. From my point of view I catch a glimpse of someone with no stain, no blemish of any kind. When they minister to me through their experiences (most of them bad), or their warnings, or even their jokes (most of them bad), I see the Living God in them at that moment! And why am I surprised? Does God not tell us that this is the way it will be?

I pray that as I move along in this blessing of recovery, that I do, or can do, the same for them. Because I really am a screw up!

Peace,
WA

No comments:

Post a Comment